Verderonne is related in a diploma of 1060, by which King Philippe 1st gave to the Saint Lucien de Beauvais abbey all the rights he had in this place as well as on Cinqueux and Rosoy.
In the 13th century, the seigneury belonged to the house of Villers-Saint-Paul, then one of the most illustrious in Beauvaisis.
In 1586, the sole heiress sold Verderonne to Gilles de l’Aubéspine. He will have his castle built there, on the old foundations of the 13th century, a trace of which has been preserved thanks to an engraving by Israel Silvestre.
His grandson Claude de l’Aubespine obtained the erection of his land of Verderonne as a marquisate because of his loyalty to the royal cause during the Fronde.
Charles his son will be lord of Verderonne and Stors (Val-d’Oise).
It was in 1725 that Etienne-Louis Marquis de Beaucourt and Verderonne (grandson of Charles) completed the construction of the castle.
In 1733 the domain reached all its splendor for the visit of Saint-Simon to his Aubespine cousins.
Five years later, however, covered in debt, the Marquis had to separate from Verderonne. The buyer is the Count of Andlau. There will be some changes. He will marry Marie-Henriette de Polastron, lady-in-waiting to Mesdames. She will be exiled in 1746 by order of the King for having introduced a licentious book to the court.
Their son Henri-Antoine married Geneviève Helvétius, the philosopher’s daughter. First cousin of the Comtesse de Polignac, née Polastron, he belonged to the first circle of Queen Marie-Antoinette.
In 1884 General d’Andlau, senator of Oise had to get rid of Verderonne. It is a certain Mr. Baudrier, banker in Paris who acquires it. The castle and its outbuildings were kept in their entirety until the rapid decline that it experienced at the end of the 1960s.
Today, the current owners are gradually restoring the premises.